Are you new to web app development but looking to develop a web application for your business? Then, this beginner’s guide to web app development (2022) from Techcedence, a trustworthy web app developer, can help!
It delves into various aspects of web app development, including the basic definition of a web application, web app development, multiple examples of web applications, and the benefits of web apps. In addition, it quickly runs through the web app development process to help you understand what you can expect while working with a web app development company.
What is a Web Application?
A web application is an interactive computer program developed with technologies like CSS, HTML, etc. It stores and manipulates data and is used by a team of multiple users or a single user to perform various tasks using the internet. Users can access web applications on browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.
Are web applications and websites the same? No. They aren’t. Web apps allow users to create, read, update and delete data. They are defined by their input. Whereas in the case of websites, it is their output that defines them. Websites can be used to read news, information, updates, etc., on a particular topic.
What is Web Application Development?
Web Application Examples
You are surrounded by several web applications in your routine life. Some of them include the following.
- Google Docs
Google Docs allows for creating and automatically saving documents. Although a web app, you can use it without the internet and sync it once the connection resumes. You can also access Google Docs from any device and operating system.
Salesforce is a SaaS product. It is a CRM that offers various features like reports, tables, dashboards, etc. The use of Salesforce is associated with helping businesses find more prospects and close more deals. It helps teams work better and collaboratively. In addition, it enhances communication and steers success.
You must have heard about Mailchimp. It is a marketing automation platform that specializes in email marketing. Mailchimp’s platform is a sophisticated web app with a stunning and interactive UI, simplifying the platform’s use.
Netflix is another popular web application. It is one of the world’s top video-streaming platforms that allows paying users to watch movies and various TV shows on demand. You can access Netflix across different operating systems and devices. The web application is also available as a mobile app.
Benefits of Web Application Development
Let’s look at five essential benefits of web app development for businesses.
- Multiple OS Compatibility: Users can access web apps across various operating systems. That allows you to broaden your user base without confining yourself to a single one.
- Easily Maintainable: Web apps are hosted on the web. Hence, updating it isn’t the user’s onus. It gets updated automatically, and that proves to be an essential factor contributing to an enhanced user experience.
- Better Business Organization: Web applications like CRM help companies organize their business better and easily yet securely access customer data. They help companies stay connected with their users and leverage business opportunities via a unified, customized system.
- High Customization Level: Web apps can be customized to your needs. It can mainly serve your business objectives and user needs. These capabilities can translate to better user experiences and, therefore, a higher chance of winning their business and trust in the long run.
- Increased Scalability: Bespoke web applications developed with the best web development companies also address scalability. These web apps grow as the business expands, thus preventing concerns like slow functioning, data management, etc.
Web Application Development Process
Experienced and expert web development companies follow a well-defined, thoughtful, and organized web application development process.
While ensuring timely development, the process also focuses on driving value for the business and its users. The web app development process of every company may vary. But usually, it is the below that most follow. Connect with Techcedence for an in-depth understanding of the web app development process.
- Defining the problem and devising the solution that resolves it
- Mapping the web app development workflow
- Creating a prototype of the web application to examine its usefulness
- Testing the prototype with potential users and receiving feedback
- Working on feedback and iterating on the design until all parties are happy
- Choosing tools, technologies, frameworks, and the development approach
- Developing the web app, including its frontend, backend, and database
- Testing the web application automatically or manually across various factors like functionality, compatibility, usability, performance, and security
- Hosting the web app and deploying it
How do I Start Developing a Web Application?
Web app development is a specialized task. Thus, it requires experts who can ensure end-to-end assistance from consulting to customer support. Hiring web app developers allows you to focus on your core job and save considerable costs otherwise incurred in hiring an in-house web app development team.
So, if you are looking to develop a web app for your business, Techcedence can help. Our proven track record, decades of cumulative experience, access to technologies, and unmatched proficiency in applying each makes us a standout. On the other hand, our results have helped us emerge as a distinguished web app development company for multiple business domains.
Please write to us at email@example.com for a more fruitful and in-depth conversation about your project and our capabilities.