Per reports, there will be around 7.5 billion mobile phone users by 2025. Besides, about 55 percent of web traffic comes from mobile phones. And, not to forget, with nearly five hours daily spent on mobile phones, every company will require a mobile application to serve its users!
Thus, if you look to achieve success across the digital medium, a mobile is a must! Mobile app development tools and programming languages form an integral part of mobile app development. Here’s a blog that talks about some.
4 Mobile App Development Tools
While you have many mobile app development tools, let’s focus on a few famous and the most widely used ones across the technology world.
Xamarin is one of the best choices to build native mobile apps. It is a popular app development tool with the trust of over a million developers. Some features of Xamarin that make it as prudent a choice include the following.
- Simplified coding with the platform-specific IntelliSense
- Deep linking
- Application indexing
- Mono framework that exposes 100 percent of native APIs to optimize the use of the device’s capabilities
Appcelerator is another popular tool on the list. It enables developers to build both native cross-platform apps. It requires fewer lines of coding to develop an app. In addition, it has an open mobile marketplace that allows you to sell or share extensions, modules, and templates. Some features include the following.
- Excellent new OS release support
- Enables creating dynamic animations
- Viewing UI changes across OSs and mobile devices is possible
- Up to 90 percent code reduction on multiple platforms
3. Android Studio
Android Studio is an open-source mobile app development software. As the name suggests, it can help you create incredible applications on Android. It precisely helps reduce the app development time. Some features that make it an apt tool for building Android mobile applications include the following.
- An intelligent code editor that enables you to write better codes
- Android Emulator to install and start your apps quicker than a real device
- Code templates that simplify adding well-established patterns like navigation drawer and view pager
- Lintelligence, which is a robust static analysis framework and includes 365+ different lint checks across the app
- Extensive tools to help test your Android apps JUnit 4 and functional UI test frameworks
Ionic offers a complete open-source SDK. Hence, developers use it extensively to build hybrid applications via HTML5, CSS, etc. Ionic allows developers to send the release update to users. Additionally, you can automate app delivery with Ionic with any technical expertise. Let’s look at some of Ionic’s features.
- Workflow automation from native binary builds to QA
- Creation of cloud-based native app binaries
- Automation of development tasks via industry-specific defaults and pre-built workflows
- A central and shared dashboard that offers real-time activity feeds
You may leverage many more app development tools like Framework 7, Sencha Touch, Buildfire.js, etc. with mobile app development companies like us.
4 Mobile App Programming Languages
Now, let’s look at some mobile app programming languages.
There’s hardly an entrepreneur, who must not have heard about Python. It is a general-purpose and object-oriented coding language. You can use Python to develop Android mobile applications, although Android does not support native Python development. You can do so through many tools that convert Python apps into Android Packages, which you can run on Android devices.
We cannot forget Java when talking about mobile app development programming languages. Java was the first language for Android app development. Google offers extensive support to Java. No wonder, so many applications on Play Store are built with Java. Nevertheless, beginners could find it a bit difficult to work on Java. Thus, ensure you have experts to deal with it.
Swift was introduced as an Apple programming language in 2014. It is an iOS developer’s preferred application programming language. Swift is easier and more concise. It is one reason Swift took over Objective-C. So, if your developers know how to build applications on Objective-C, moving to Swift can be easier.
Some other mobile app development programming languages include Kotlin, Rust, C++, C#, and Dart. You may choose the one most suited to your needs.
But how to choose the best mobile app development tool and programming language? Techcedence can answer.
We are a leading mobile app development company with proficiency across various mobile app development tools and programming languages.
While our developers can help create outstanding mobile apps on Android and iOS, our consultants can help you choose the right technology for your needs to augment your RoI. Write to us at email@example.com.