What is email marketing?
Email Marketing refers to the use of email to promote products or services among a selected group of people. It is an essential tool for online marketing and business can leverage email campaigns to boost sales and reach potential customers. The commercial emails feature information about the brand, product promotion, discount, upcoming events or product launch. In short, every email sent to a potential or existing customer can be called email marketing.
Why is email marketing important?
Email marketing is used by businesses across the globe to promote their product or services. 94% of internet users use email. A study shows that 75% of adult users prefer email marketing over other forms of marketing. Email marketing helps to keep customers informed about the brand they care about. Email marketing need not always be about offers and discounts, you can send emailers that can be informative to the customers. Through emails with unique content, you can retain your subscribers and people will look forward to receiving regular updates.
- Emails have a larger reach than social media. Every user who is active online has an email id.
- People prefer to receive promotional content through email rather than through social media.
Benefits of email marketing
Enhance customer relationships
It is important to keep your customers informed about your latest product, new offers, upcoming events and much more. Sending regular emails to your customers is the best way to build customer relationships.
Market your brand
Your brand may not be popular or recognizable in the industry. Email is a great way to make your brand well known among potential customers. Send regular emails with your brand name, logo and style and use it as an opportunity to register your brand identity among the customers.
Email marketing can be beneficial for small or mid-size businesses that operate on a strict budget and timeline. An email marketing campaign is inexpensive and takes less time compared to traditional marketing. Instead of designing, printing and delivering flyers you can directly reach the email box of thousand potential customers in no time.
Email marketing allows you to plan your strategy and target potential prospects. You don’t want to reach people who are not interested in your product. It allows targeting a specific group of people or individuals. Identify target customers and reach them with product information they are interested in. For instance, an apparel store can send exclusive offers to women for women’s day.
Tracking ROI is easy with email marketing. The use of a marketing tool allows you to track the number of users who opened your email and how many clicked through the link.
Tips for successful email marketing
Here are some tips to make your campaign successful:
- Email list – Build your email list by attracting users with an offer that will pay off in years to come. To send personalized emails to group users based on interest, age group, gender, etc. Strategies to grow your email list include a coupon, free trial, quiz, etc.
- Subject line – Subject line needs to be appealing to the user and convey the intention of your email within the right character limit. An eye-catchy subject line is sure to get a better open rate.
- Schedule – Email marketing is effective when it is sent consistently on a schedule. Sending emails regularly on a specific schedule helps your customers understand when to expect emails.
- Personalize emails – Spend some time in cleaning your mailing list and segmenting your audience. Targeting users and sending personalized emails will lead to higher opening and click-through rates.
- Unsubscribe – Marketing and commercial emails should comply with the Spam act. According to this act, emails should be sent only with the permission of the recipient, emails should clearly specify the sender or business name, there should be an option for the receiver to unsubscribe from your mailing list.
- Insightful Info – Avoid sending commercial advertisements in all the emails. Send useful tips and information relevant to your product that will educate and add value to your customers.
- Mobile friendly – Emails should be mobile optimized as the chances of the emails opened in the mobile device is high.
- Social Media buttons – Emails can include social media buttons to increase your brand reach among customers.
Email marketing tools
Setting up an email marketing campaign is now easy with email marketing software. There are many automation tools available in the market that come up with standard templates. Some of the popular ones include Mail chimp, SendinBlue, Drip, and constant contact. The email marketing tool is flexible and allows integration with CRM. These tools monitor and analyze the results of your email marketing campaign and help track metrics such as open rate, click-through rates, bounce rate, and conversions.
Email marketing is the best tool to grow your business. Well-planned strategies can make your email campaign successful.